Century Martial Arts – Oklahoma City, OK
Graphic Designer ● April 2016 – July 2016
● Create print materials for publication to support and promote martial arts and its core values. Print media used for marketing, advertising and supporting martial schools and dojos across the United States. Work on creating innovative and eye-catching designs that promote and inspire values shared within many communities.
A.R.K. Ramos Signage Systems – Oklahoma City, OK
Layout Designer, Part-time ● October 2015 – April 2016
● Design digital and paper layouts of memorial, award and commemorative plaques to meet clients’ specific requests and measurements using InDesign and Illustrator. Provide and manage spec sheets of designs sent to clients via e-mail in time sensitive manner
Freelance Graphic Designer ● January 2014 – Present
● Consult with clients and design branding, illustration, print and digital media.
● Develop plans and research design and mood-board creation for clients’ projects
JCPAA Inc. – Milwaukee, WI
Graphic Design & Social Media Intern ● March 2015 – August 2015
Web-coding & Cartoon Intern Instructor ● June 2015 – August 2015
Digital Arts & Video Production Intern Instructor ● April 2015 – June 2015
● Designed materials for promotional, informative and advertising purposes for the JCPAA director and community. Worked with team of multidisciplinary talents to engage students in classes of various subjects.
● Responsible for leading students in understanding the basics of HTML & CSS website coding. Engaged students in use of art fundamentals to create art through methods of color, shape, design, etc.
IMPACT Lab - Lewis University, Romeoville, IL
IMPACT Lab Assistant ● February 2013 – May 2014
Student Graphic Designer ● September 2013 – May 2014
● Trained students, faculty and alumni how to use Adobe Creative Suite to design products and images and edit film footage for class-directed assignments.
● Researched technology, websites, software and other media for workshops and professional use for students. Coordinated with Grad Student on management of IMPACT Lab presence on social media.
● Designed print and digital content to advertise events hosted by the IMPACT Lab to increase awareness and attendance of workshops.
Carthage College, Kenosha, WI
Technical Director ● May 2012
Associate Producer ● December 2011 – July 2012
Team & Crew Member ● October 2010 – July 2012
● Directed the filming team at the 2012 Carthage Commencement Ceremony and ensured correct setup of equipment to perfect the operation.
● Wrote proposals and compiled research on websites for student productivity and developed scripts for informational videos and provided voice-overs.
● Operated with a team to record the best footage of campus events to promote and share happenings with students and public.
● Resolved technical issues of campus equipment (projectors, computers, etc.) and repaired, replaced and upgraded wiring; improved network connectivity infrastructure.
Bachelor of Arts in Computer Graphic Design, May 2014
Lewis University, Romeoville, Illinois
Computer & Media Skills
● Adobe Creative Suite CS5, CS6 & CC: PhotoShop, Illustrator, InDesign, Dreamweaver, AfterEffects
● Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Publisher, Outlook
● Google Apps
● Search Engine Optimization and Networking on Social Media Platforms
● Knowledge and avid use of Windows and iOS operating systems
● Enthusiastic, knowledge-hungry learner, eager to meet challenges and quickly assimilate new concepts.
● Quick learner of new software applications and technology.
● Exceptional listener and communicator who effectively conveys information verbally and in writing.
● Flexible team player who thrives in environments requiring ability to effectively prioritize and juggle multiple concurrent projects.
● Personable professional whose strengths include cultural sensitivity and an ability to build rapport with a diverse workforce in multicultural settings.
● Innovative problem-solver who can generate workable solutions and resolve complaints.